AUSTRALIANS AT WAR

AUSTRALIANS AT WAR
THE NEW AMERICAN CENTURY is a compelling factual history of neoconservatism and its influence on US Foreign Policy in the Middle East during the first decade of the twenty-first century. Click on image above for details.

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

FORGET CONSPIRACY THEORIES; LETS JUST HAVE THE TRUTH!

By ignoring or pooh-poohing what the right-wing consider to be conspiracy theories (and let’s not forget that during the cold War the right-wing were full of conspiracy theories themselves, particularly during the McCarthy witch-hunts ere and reds-under-the-bed scare tactics in post-war US) we run the risking of ignoring questions that need to be asked. These aren’t questions of theory; they are question that arise from proven actual events which put into doubt the line that has been told about other events.

For example: On 4 December 2001 President was asked: “…another thing is that, how did you feel when you heard about the terrorist attack?”

The President replied: “Thank you, Jordan. Well, Jordan, you're not going to believe what state I was in when I heard about the terrorist attack. I was in Florida. And my Chief of Staff, Andy Card -- actually, I was in a classroom talking about a reading program that works. I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower -- the TV was obviously on. And I used to fly, myself, and I said, well, there's one terrible pilot. I said, it must have been a horrible accident.
But I was whisked off there, I didn't have much time to think about it. And I was sitting in the classroom, and Andy Card, my Chief of Staff, who is sitting over here, walked in and said, "A second plane has hit the tower, America is under attack."
And, Jordan, I wasn't sure what to think at first. You know, I grew up in a period of time where the idea of America being under attack never entered my mind -- just like your Daddy's and Mother's mind probably. And I started thinking hard in that very brief period of time about what it meant to be under attack. I knew that when I got all of the facts that we were under attack, there would be hell to pay for attacking America.”

Now, this is just a piffling thing on the surface, but the question I have to ask is: how come the President got to see the first aircraft flying into the WTC before the second aircraft flew into the second tower? No one else did unless they happened to actually be there. Video of the first aircraft flying into the tower didn’t emerge until after the second aircraft had gone in.

It’s not rocket science; it’s just a question about something that doesn’t add up. No theory is being propagated at all. In this example I’m merely asking why the President lied. The right-wing paranoids (paranoid about ‘conspiracy theories’ upsetting their own right-wing theories and agenda) can test this question. Who knows, they may come up with an answer that suits their needs.